Monday, January 17, 2011

A Moment to Myself

I had a few hours to myself today. My oldest daughter was at school and my youngest spent the afternoon at my parents house. I headed home on my own. When I got home I tidied the kitchen, folded one load of laundry and made myself lunch.

The funny thing was that I really didn't know what to do with the time. I could have had a nap, or read with a coffee but instead I did housework. It got me thinking why is it that Moms feel like that can't take time for themselves, I mean purely for themselves? We seem to struggle with that idea. I often find that friends who are Moms do the same thing. They relish those days with that they have a few hours without children, usually because they say they can get ahead of the cleaning, or the laundry or the dishes.

Why? I mean really...WHY?

What do you do for yourself? Purely selfish...just for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment