Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

So I just wanted to mention someone who is very positive and is a sounding board for me. Laurel A. Crossley-Byers, known as @optimom on twitter. We actually met on twitter. After talking on twitter we realized that we were practically neighbours and now we are great friends in real life - as they say.

Laurel is a great motivator. She has a great focus on mind, body, spirit. We meet on a regular basis just to talk about life, to talk about work and talk about future work. She is a great listener and always has great advice. She is a great coach.

So I took advantage of having a friend like her and we did a short coaching session together.  She had me try to envision a great space to work in, what it would look like, feel like, where it would be located, the type of work I would be doing in the space. We talked about mind, body, spirit.

Mind = stimulated
Body = rested
Spirit = relaxed, not stressed out

Part of envisioning is setting a plan in motion. While I was thinking about what I would be doing in 5 years time, we also talked about how to make it happen in the present. And that where my plan to Work Smarter, Not Harder came into clarity. I had often thought that there must be a better way to work and live. Laurel and I talked about how I might write more, and the key to this is write more paid writing gigs. We also talked about writing things that I liked. I also need to come up with better ways to promote myself.

So I am working  on it. I think it is always a work in progress. Part of that work is this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment