Friday, July 15, 2011

Frugal Friday

So I am 5 for 5 this week. I have managed to bring dinner to work all five days this week. That is a big deal for me. I often get lazy, forget to pack a lunch even though there are leftovers in the fridge. When I forget to pack leftovers it is a double whammy really, not only do I have to buy dinner when I get to work but I also fail to eat food that is in my fridge and that can contribute to the amount of food that has to go to the garbage because it goes bad.

I need to be doing more of this for a couple of reasons. Bringing dinner helps to control what goes into my mouth. When I have to buy dinner I am more likely to buy bad food. There isn't too many choices in our neighbourhood, McDonalds, Subway, a pizza place and a pita place are about the only things around open late and that is when bad choices are made. The other reason is a budget one, I can save a lot more money when I bring dinner. It is much cheaper to buy groceries and make food then going out and buying dinner from a restaurant near my work. It feels good to be eating home cooked food too!

What do you do to stick to a budget? Do you bring your meal to work? I would love to hear what you do to save a little money every week, month, year?

2 comments:

  1. I am a BIG fan of bringing my lunch to work. Namely b/c it saves me $ and also b/c I will eat healthier. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justice... I am with you. I am on a roll, brought my dinner again tonight. 6 for 6 ...and I am so proud of myself

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment