Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Domestic Goddess - or something like that



OK, so that title is a bit deceiving. I am not a domestic goddess. I actually dislike any and all things that have to do with cleaning or tidying the house. I truly dislike dishes, laundry, and vacuuming. I am sure I am not alone here. So why or why is there always so much cleaning to do around the house. Really? Where is the cleaning fairy when you need her.

I need help people. Actually my entire family, the entire house, needs help.

What tips do you use to keep a tidy house? What do you do to stay on top of the housework around the house? How do you stop the dishes and laundry from piling up? Help me people

2 comments:

  1. Hi Again
    Well I hate cleaning too and have tried having cleaners but they have to be really good to justify the money.... AND i have a fluffy dog which doesn't help:) I will say that one thing that helps is that I have given myself permission to lay off and not feel my home has to be perfect and museum looking-that was a huge burden that was lifted.
    As far as staying on top of it, I remember reading a blog post by a Mormon blogger (she does not like to be called a mommy blogger:) and she shared how her mom, who had 9 children, taught her to zone her house and do one zone a day and as the children get older, give them a zone. I kinda do this and i feel that you aren't spending an entire day cleaning and t he house isn't crazy dirty or messy as you are rotating around each area.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love this... sorry for the delayed response/reply. Zones are a great idea

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment